Monday 14 July 2014

Say What Now?!?!?!

Okay, so I have reiterated countless times that I have been really busy.   We FINALLY moved a few weeks ago, and are settling into our transition space…preparing for another move in a few months….did I tell you guys how demanding the moving process is?!?! The decisions that must be made to decide what stays and what goes left me stressed!!! (Hi. My name is Jenna, and I’m a hoarder.)

Some aspects of moving were therapeutic, though…and the end result has been well worth it (even though we are still living out of boxes to an extent…lol…but that may just be another blog post).

So, with moving out of the way, I was able to rule out stress as a cause for a few problems that I was physically feeling. I went on to speak with a nutritionist ( I don’t know how I got to share my symptoms, but I’m glad I did) and found out that, among other things, I’m gluten intolerant (did you envision the end of the world too when you heard that?!?!) Wow. 

It’s amazing, because I felt I was eating healthy, but I could not understand why I was feeling the way I was, or why the scale wasn't budging in a positive direction for me!  I never, in my wildest dreams thought that I would have to give up so many of my favorite foods!!!

The initial week was rough, but I’m learning now how to create palatable meals that I can enjoy, as well as how to create spin-offs of my old favorites…from time to time I may carry you guys on my gluten-free journey…I may catalogue the ups and downs etc. from time to time so that I can look back on the process, as well as help you understand what a task it is to NOT have wheat bread!!! Or birthday cake! Or *sniff* GUAVA DUFF!!!

I think the most frustrating part of the whole thing is the fact that GLUTEN IS EVERYWHERE!!! When I was blissfully unaware, I enjoyed whatever I wanted when I wanted...now I am finding it so hard to make emergency food choices (when I say emergency, I mean junk, of course…lol) without the looooong pause of either reading the label or guessing what’s on the label (in the case of vending machine purchases).


On a side note, my meals are getting interestingly creative :-)  And I wish to thank Davena Ellis (Certified Holistic Health Counselor) for that! She is an awesome nutritionist who takes me through the process step by step.  I felt the difference in ONE meal! I didn’t even think that was possible!

Well! It's official!!! I'm going to be a gluten-free kinda girl!

Hands up in acceptance, heart full of gratitude,
xoxo Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment