Monday 10 February 2014

SPEAK Tonight!!!!


Today, I’m preparing myself to visit and minister at SPEAK.  I’m trying not to do anything at all today as I get ready for ministry, which is no easy feat for a person like me who has to constantly be doing something to feel sane! 

I’m soliciting you guys for prayer and positive energy (you CAN solicit online right? LOL!) as we step onto the ‘battlefield’.  I take what I do very seriously, and because I see it as ministry (sharing the agenda of a government that is not of this world) and I know that there is protocol that I must follow.

I am going into an environment where I have no control over the content of the material that the other artists will share, the music being played, or the atmosphere being cultivated.   I am determined to go in with everything I need wrapped up in my spirit.

This event, is truly gearing us up for our (Pen & Tongue’s) own event “Words Unplugged”.  We look forward to having members from SPEAK there with us at Life Worship Centre because it’s exciting to be able to collaborate with different groups…the energy is crazy!  But I must keep the MAIN purpose of interaction at the forefront…and THAT is why I have to prepare myself.

It’s not about sounding great, or getting positive feedback on your flow…it’s about planting positive seeds, encouraging and motivating others, and giving them hope and peace that they have possibly been searching everywhere else for…it’s about letting someone out there know that there is truly ‘nothing new under the sun’ and you don’t have to struggle on your own in shame or sorrow…but someone else has ‘been there and done that’ and is bold enough to not only SAY so, but show you that you really don’t have to stay there. It is evangelism.

People ask all the time why Christian artists go to secular concerts/functions/events and I can say now that it’s because we know that we must reach out to people who are trying to fill the void by attending these performances and meeting them where they are.  So if I only plant ONE seed of positivity tonight, or if I only water ONE plant of faith, or even so, if I only gather one sheave of wheat in this whitened field, then I know that what I stand for is not in vain.

I am willing to be that light in the darkness for the person who is afraid of the dark.

I am J. Reign.

Hands up in faithfulness, heart full of reconciliation,
xoxo  Jenna

1 comment: