Saturday 11 January 2014

Giddy with color!

I don't think I have ever changed background colors and themes so much on any of the blogs that I worked on like I have this one!!!! At the moment, it looks like cotton candy gone wrong but I LOVE IT!!! :-) It must be in the water, because people here are known for painting their houses in the most gorgeous pastels...I didn't realize how bold we were until a family friend who visited from the United States commented that we do outside what they do inside. :-D

Photo courtesy of the The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism

The picture above shows the beauty of pastels...some of us however, invert what you see here in magnificent shades. But I can't complain because rainbow-hued homes are a benefit in my neighborhood - Hey don't give me that look - it ensures that the pizza arrives on time!!! There is nothing like telling the delivery person: "You pass the reeeeaaaally pink house on the left, and we are two doors down" OR "If you pass the fluorescent green house, then you have gone too far" ;-)

I think we let our neighbors down when we painted our home white with (very) dark green trim (It's a shock we weren't kicked out of the neighborhood!) but let's leave that alone because they just started talking to us again o_O

Yeah... so like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by my short attention span...If it makes you feel a bit queasy then squint and turn your head sideways (it always works for me).

Hands up in Happiness, Heart filled with mischief,

xoxo Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment