Friday 10 January 2014

Preference

I prefer my silence spoken -
audible declarations of hope and hype
because the sound of nothingness leaves me paranoid.

It feels like you don't know what you mean well enough to mean what you say...then say it.
Truth be told, I would rather fill that void with self-imposed humming...
create a song from a melody of nothingness
or gift words of encouragement for a friend and watch them open with an expression of gratefulness.

Yeah, I prefer my silence spoken.
And if it means that I must scream then so be it.
I intake a breath of air and release with words on the same sound wave-length of my laughter.
LOUD.
With intense stare, the dignified release leaves me proud because I can't stand unspoken silence.

And I'm not trying to sound arrogant -
irrelevant as it may seem, I prefer the whispers of lovers
the laughter of friends
the words of childhood over imposed silence....
there will always be time for that.

2014(c)

No comments:

Post a Comment